By Craig S. Keener
Read Online or Download A Commentary on the Gospel of Matthew PDF
Best christian reference books
The previous testomony is usually maligned as an superseded or even harmful textual content. Best-selling authors like Richard Dawkins, Karen Armstrong, and Derrick Jensen are best examples of these who locate the previous testomony to be tricky to trendy sensibilities. Iain Provan counters that such effortless and well known readings misunderstand the previous testomony.
This moment quantity within the Baylor guide at the Hebrew Bible sequence offers professional, entire suggestions in answering major questions on the Hebrew textual content. whereas reflecting the newest advances in scholarship on Hebrew grammar and linguistics, the paintings makes use of a mode that's lucid sufficient to function an invaluable agent for instructing and self-study.
I and II Thessalonians are letters written to new Christian groups in Thessalonica early in Paul's ministry. Paul wrote those letters after a short remain with the intention to coach them extra as they count on Jesus' moment coming. during this new quantity within the acclaimed New testomony Library sequence, M.
MacDonald observes that the Fourth Gospel sounds issues right to the Greek god Dionysos (the Roman Bacchus), no longer least as he was once depicted in Euripides’s play The Bacchae. A divine determine, offspring of a divine father and human mom, takes on flesh to stay between mortals, yet is rejected through his personal; miraculously offers wine; contains girls as his shut devotees; dies a violent death—and returns to lifestyles.
- Synoptic Problems: Collected Essays (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament)
- Writing Faith
- The Spirit and Creation in Paul (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe)
- Telling the Old Testament Story: God's Mission and God's People
- The Purpose of Mark's Gospel: An Early Christian Response to Roman Imperial Propaganda (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe)
- Reading Revelation: A Literary-theological Approach
Extra resources for A Commentary on the Gospel of Matthew