By Stephen Harrison
- Provides specialist review of the most classes of Latin literary historical past, significant genres, and key themes
- Covers all of the significant Latin works of prose and poetry, from Ennius to Augustine, together with Lucretius, Cicero, Catullus, Livy, Vergil, Seneca, and Apuleius
- Includes beneficial reference fabric – dictionary entries on authors, chronological chart of political and literary background, and an annotated bibliography
- Serves as either a discursive literary historical past and a normal reference book
Read or Download A Companion to Latin Literature (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best psychological research books
This publication stories tools of conceptualizing, measuring, and studying interdependent information in developmental and behavioral sciences. Quantitative and developmental specialists describe top practices for modeling interdependent information that stem from interactions inside households, relationships, and peer teams, for instance.
Written by way of one of many masters of the basis of size, Louis Narens' new ebook completely examines the foundation for the measurement-theoretic notion of meaningfulness and provides a brand new conception concerning the position of numbers and invariance in technological know-how. The booklet affiliates with every one element of mathematical technology a subject that the component of technological know-how is meant to enquire or describe.
Starting within the mid-nineteenth century, huge numbers of individuals from mainland China emigrated to the us and different nations looking employment. Termed "overseas Chinese," they made lasting contributions to the improvement of early groups, an influence which has basically started to be well-known in recent times.
An aged chinese language immigrant, hospitalized with terminal disorder, requests to burn incense. A 30-year-old Roman Catholic homosexual male, death of AIDS, is ate up via deepening ethical guilt, bothered by means of ideals he proposal he deserted years in the past. A mom whose teenage son died of an aneurism is indignant at God over his demise but afraid of expressing that anger lest He 'punish her back.
- Research Methods for the Behavioral Sciences
- Evaluation: A Systematic Approach
- Handbook of Child Custody
- Envisioning the Dream Through Art and Science (Imagery and Human Development Series)
- Prevention Psychology: Enhancing Personal and Social Well-Being
- ANOVA for the Behavioral Sciences Researcher
Extra resources for A Companion to Latin Literature (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)