By A. Tinsley
Read Online or Download A Postcolonial African American Re-reading of Colossians: Identity, Reception, and Interpretation under the Gaze of Empire (Postcolonialism and Religions) PDF
Best christian reference books
The previous testomony is usually maligned as an outdated or even harmful textual content. Best-selling authors like Richard Dawkins, Karen Armstrong, and Derrick Jensen are top examples of these who locate the previous testomony to be problematical to trendy sensibilities. Iain Provan counters that such effortless and well known readings misunderstand the outdated testomony.
This moment quantity within the Baylor instruction manual at the Hebrew Bible sequence presents specialist, entire counsel in answering major questions on the Hebrew textual content. whereas reflecting the newest advances in scholarship on Hebrew grammar and linguistics, the paintings makes use of a mode that's lucid adequate to function an invaluable agent for educating and self-study.
I and II Thessalonians are letters written to new Christian groups in Thessalonica early in Paul's ministry. Paul wrote those letters after a short remain with a purpose to show them additional as they count on Jesus' moment coming. during this new quantity within the acclaimed New testomony Library sequence, M.
MacDonald observes that the Fourth Gospel sounds subject matters right to the Greek god Dionysos (the Roman Bacchus), now not least as he used to be depicted in Euripides’s play The Bacchae. A divine determine, offspring of a divine father and human mom, takes on flesh to stay between mortals, yet is rejected by way of his personal; miraculously offers wine; comprises girls as his shut devotees; dies a violent death—and returns to existence.
- The Postcolonial Biblical Reader
- The Primeval Flood Catastrophe: Origins and Early Development in Mesopotamian Traditions (Oxford Oriental Monographs)
- The Book of Amos in Emergent Judah (Forschungen zum Alten Testament. 2. Reihe)
- The Recapitulation of Israel: Use of Israel's History in Matthew 1:1-4:11 (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe)
- Spirit and Reason: The Embodied Character of Ezekiel's Symbolic Thinking
- Gender-Play in the Hebrew Bible: The Ways the Bible Challenges Its Gender Norms (Routledge Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Biblical Criticism)
Additional resources for A Postcolonial African American Re-reading of Colossians: Identity, Reception, and Interpretation under the Gaze of Empire (Postcolonialism and Religions)