By Elizabeth Rapley
Read or Download A Social History of the Cloister: Daily Life in the Teaching Monasteries of the Old Regime (McGill-Queen's Studies in the History of Religion) PDF
Best christian theology books
What are human rights? Can theology recognize human rights discourse? Is theological engagement with human rights justified? What position may still this discourse occupy inside of ethics? Ethna Regan seeks to reply to those questions on human rights, Christian theology, and philosophical ethics. the most function of this ebook is to justify and discover theological engagement with human rights.
St Symeon the hot Theologian (949-1022) is considered probably the most major figures in Byzantine mysticism. notwithstanding a really arguable determine in his personal lifetime, he's now respected either in Orthodox and different Christian traditions. After starting his monastic existence whereas nonetheless relatively younger, he turned hegumen of the monastery of St Mamas, and held that place for a number of years.
The theology of salvation stands on the center of the Christian religion. quite often the constitution of Christian salvation is obvious by way of a unmarried topic, akin to atonement for sins, forgiveness, liberation or friendship with God. you can still decrease soteriology to an issue of basically own adventure, or to determine salvation as only a option to a human challenge.
John Zizioulas is largely known because the most vital Orthodox theologian of the final part century and acclaimed suggest of ecumenism. From his indepth wisdom of the highbrow assets of the Church, Zizioulas has argued that the Church Fathers characterize a profound account of freedom and neighborhood that represents an intensive problem to trendy bills of the individual.
- The Ashgate Research Companion to Theological Anthropology
- Mystical Anthropology: Authors from the Low Countries (Contemporary Theological Explorations in Christian Mysticism)
- The Rationalization of Miracles
- Interruptions: Mysticism, Politics, and Theology in the Work of Johann Baptist Metz (ND Studies Spirituality & Theology)
- Reconstructing Theology: The Contribution of Francis Schussler Fiorenza
- The Place of Imagination: Wendell Berry and the Poetics of Community, Affection, and Identity
Extra resources for A Social History of the Cloister: Daily Life in the Teaching Monasteries of the Old Regime (McGill-Queen's Studies in the History of Religion)