By Omri Gillath,Gery C. Karantzas,R. Chris Fraley
Adult Attachment: A Concise creation to concept and examine is an easy-to-read and hugely available reference on attachment that offers with a few of the key thoughts and themes studied inside attachment thought. This ebook is produced from a chain of chapters framed by way of universal questions which are generally requested by way of newbies coming into the sector of attachment. The content material of every bankruptcy specializes in answering this overarching query.
Topics at the improvement of attachment are coated from assorted degrees of research, together with species, person, and dating degrees, operating versions of attachment, attachment services and hierarchies, attachment balance and alter over the years and throughout events, dating contexts, the cognitive underpinnings of attachment and its activation of enhancement through priming, the interaction among the attachment behavioral process and different behavioral structures, the consequences of context on attachment, the contribution of physiology/neurology and genetics to attachment, the associations/differences among attachment and temperament, the conceptualization and dimension of attachment, and the organization among attachment and psychopathology/therapy.
- Uses a question-and-answer structure to deal with crucial themes inside of attachment theory
- Presents details in an easy, easy-to-understand option to be sure accessibility for beginners within the box of attachment
- Covers the most options and matters that relate to attachment thought, therefore making sure readers improve a robust origin in attachment conception that they could then observe to the research of relationships
- Addresses destiny instructions within the box of attachment theory
- Concisely covers fabric, making sure students and pros can speedy get up-to-speed with the latest learn
Read Online or Download Adult Attachment: A Concise Introduction to Theory and Research PDF
Similar developmental psychology books
Reflecting writer Çigdem Kagitçibasi's influential paintings over the past 20 years, this new version examines human improvement, the self, and the relations in a cultural context. It demanding situations the present assumptions in mainstream western psychology concerning the nature of people. the writer proposes a brand new version — the "Autonomous-Related Self" — which expands on current thought through demonstrating how tradition affects self improvement.
Psychologists of various theoretical persuasions have lengthy held that social reviews are serious to basic developmental trajectories and that the shortcoming of such reports is valuable of compensatory consciousness. unusually, although, little empirical cognizance has been directed to the research of the mental importance of social solitude for kids.
Any schedule for kin learn within the Nineteen Nineties needs to take heavily a contextual method of the research of relations relationships. The editors and members to this quantity think that the richness in relations reports over the following decade will come from contemplating the range of kin varieties -- assorted ethnic teams and cultures, diversified levels of kin existence, in addition to various ancient cohorts.
Altering conduct, quite behavior which are self-destructive and bad, is likely one of the such a lot difficult objectives of therapists and coaches who paintings with consumers in selling a more healthy way of life. the aim of this e-book is to "help the helper," that's, to aid the individual whose specialist challenge it really is to supply a provider that permits consumers or sufferers to recognize their dangerous conduct and to interchange them with more advantageous, more healthy workouts.
- Career Development, Employment, and Disability in Rehabilitation: From Theory to Practice
- Physical Activity and the Aging Brain: Effects of Exercise on Neurological Function
- Multidimensional Functional Assessment of Older Adults: The Duke Older Americans Resources and Services Procedures
- Neuroprotection in Alzheimer's Disease
- Social Cognition: Development Across the Life Span (Frontiers of Developmental Science)
- Testimony: A Philosophical Introduction
Additional info for Adult Attachment: A Concise Introduction to Theory and Research