By Dan Hosken
An advent to tune know-how, moment Edition presents a transparent evaluate of the fundamental components of tune expertise for today’s musician. This e-book makes a speciality of the themes that underlie the and software program in use at the present time: Sound, Audio, MIDI, machine Notation, and computing device- Assisted guideline. Appendices hide priceless computing device and software program innovations. Written for either song expertise majors and non-majors, this textbook introduces basic ideas and practices so scholars can discover ways to paintings with quite a lot of software program courses, adapt to new track applied sciences, and observe song expertise of their functionality, composition, instructing, and research.
- Thorough motives of key issues in track expertise
- Content acceptable to all software program and undefined, now not associated with only one piece of software program or equipment
- In-depth dialogue of electronic audio issues, equivalent to sampling premiums, resolutions, and dossier codecs
- Explanations of normal audio plug-ins together with dynamics processors, EQs, and hold up dependent results
- Coverage of synthesis and sampling in software program tools
- Pedagogical beneficial properties, together with:
- Further analyzing sections that let the coed to delve deeper into themes of curiosity
- Suggested actions that may be conducted with various assorted courses
- Key phrases on the finish of every bankruptcy
- What Do i want? Chapters protecting the kinds of and software program wanted with a purpose to prepare Audio and MIDI structures
- A significant other web site with hyperlinks to audio examples that exhibit quite a few strategies, step by step tutorials, suitable undefined, software program, and extra audio and video assets.
The new version has been absolutely up-to-date to hide new applied sciences that experience emerged because the first version, together with iOS and cellular systems, on-line notation software program, exchange controllers, and Open Sound regulate (OSC).
Read or Download An Introduction to Music Technology PDF
Similar music books
"Mathematics may be as easy as buzzing a song, when you comprehend the tune," writes Gareth Loy. In Musimathics, Loy teaches us the track, supplying a pleasant and lively journey of the maths of tune -- a common sense, self-contained advent for the nonspecialist reader. it's designed for musicians who locate their paintings more and more mediated by means of know-how, and for a person who's drawn to the intersection of paintings and technological know-how.
This revised variation lists over 10,000 works for the oboe, English horn, oboe da caccia, and all in their versions for the interval as much as ca. 1800. each one access comprises the name, opus or sign in quantity, date, unique instrumentation, situation of the unique paintings, present glossy editions(s), and historic notes of curiosity.
Alors que Francis Poulenc (1899-1963)s’est amplement confié dans des nombreux ouvrages, entretiens, émissions de radio, une monographie fouillée restait à écrire. Après celle d’Henri Hell, parue en 1978, qui se ressent de l’amitié qui unissait le biographe et le musicien, Hervé Lacombe donne l. a. model de référence.
Mattias Lundberg investigates the historic function of a deviant psalm-tone, the tonus peregrinus, concentrating on its functions in polyphonic tune inside of all significant branches of Western liturgy. in the course of the remarkably chronic culture of employing this melody to polyphony, from the 9th century correct as much as the twenty-first, coeval song conception is ready to make clear the issues it has posed to modal and tonal perform at a number of old phases.
- The Tangible in Music: The Tactile Learning of a Musical Instrument (SEMPRE Studies in The Psychology of Music)
- "Rachmaninoff: Composer, Pianist, Conductor "
- Music and the Creative Spirit: Innovators in Jazz, Improvisation, and the Avant Garde (Studies in Jazz)
- Rock Music (The Library of Essays on Popular Music)
- Aspects of the Secular Cantata in Late Baroque Italy
Additional resources for An Introduction to Music Technology