By Safford Chamberlain,Gary Foster
In addition to the ebook, Scarecrow is happy to supply a better half compact disc, published by way of Storyville files. The tracks at the CD offer a consultant sampling of Marsh's most sensible paintings, whereas delivering a old evaluation of his improvement, from the start music, "Apple Honey," that is a personal, low-fidelity tape from an NBC radio broadcast in 1945 of the Hoagy Carmichael convey, to the ultimate song, "Sweet and Lovely," captured months ahead of his dying in 1987.
Read or Download An Unsung Cat: The Life and Music of Warne Marsh (Studies in Jazz) PDF
Similar music books
"Mathematics will be as easy as buzzing a music, should you recognize the tune," writes Gareth Loy. In Musimathics, Loy teaches us the song, supplying a pleasant and lively journey of the math of tune -- a common sense, self-contained creation for the nonspecialist reader. it's designed for musicians who locate their paintings more and more mediated through expertise, and for someone who's attracted to the intersection of artwork and technology.
This revised variation lists over 10,000 works for the oboe, English horn, oboe da caccia, and all in their editions for the interval as much as ca. 1800. every one access comprises the name, opus or check in quantity, date, targeted instrumentation, situation of the unique paintings, latest smooth editions(s), and old notes of curiosity.
Alors que Francis Poulenc (1899-1963)s’est amplement confié dans des nombreux ouvrages, entretiens, émissions de radio, une monographie fouillée restait à écrire. Après celle d’Henri Hell, parue en 1978, qui se ressent de l’amitié qui unissait le biographe et le musicien, Hervé Lacombe donne los angeles model de référence.
Mattias Lundberg investigates the historic position of a deviant psalm-tone, the tonus peregrinus, targeting its purposes in polyphonic song inside of all significant branches of Western liturgy. during the remarkably continual culture of employing this melody to polyphony, from the 9th century correct as much as the twenty-first, coeval tune thought is ready to make clear the issues it has posed to modal and tonal perform at a number of old phases.
- "Music, Structure, Thought: Selected Essays ... Thinkers on Critical Musicology Series)
- Twentieth-Century Music and Politics: Essays in Memory of Neil Edmunds
- Expressive Forms in Brahms's Instrumental Music: Structure and Meaning in His Werther Quartet (Musical Meaning and Interpretation)
- Chopin's Polish Ballade: Op. 38 as Narrative of National Martyrdom
- Religion, Nation, Krieg: Der Lutherchoral 'Ein feste Burg ist unser Gott' zwischen Befreiungskriegen und Erstem Weltkrieg (Populäre Kultur und Musik) (German Edition)
- Music Writing Literature, from Sand via Debussy to Derrida
Extra info for An Unsung Cat: The Life and Music of Warne Marsh (Studies in Jazz)