By Michael Gorman
Read Online or Download Aquinas on the Metaphysics of the Hypostatic Union PDF
Similar christian theology books
What are human rights? Can theology recognize human rights discourse? Is theological engagement with human rights justified? What position should still this discourse occupy inside of ethics? Ethna Regan seeks to respond to those questions on human rights, Christian theology, and philosophical ethics. the most goal of this e-book is to justify and discover theological engagement with human rights.
St Symeon the hot Theologian (949-1022) is considered some of the most major figures in Byzantine mysticism. notwithstanding a truly debatable determine in his personal lifetime, he's now respected either in Orthodox and different Christian traditions. After starting his monastic lifestyles whereas nonetheless relatively younger, he turned hegumen of the monastery of St Mamas, and held that place for numerous years.
The theology of salvation stands on the middle of the Christian religion. quite often the constitution of Christian salvation is noticeable when it comes to a unmarried subject matter, equivalent to atonement for sins, forgiveness, liberation or friendship with God. you may decrease soteriology to a question of in basic terms own event, or to work out salvation as only a way to a human challenge.
John Zizioulas is largely acknowledged because the most important Orthodox theologian of the final part century and acclaimed recommend of ecumenism. From his indepth wisdom of the highbrow assets of the Church, Zizioulas has argued that the Church Fathers signify a profound account of freedom and neighborhood that represents a thorough problem to trendy debts of the individual.
- Scripture, Metaphysics, and Poetry: Austin Farrer's The Glass of Vision With Critical Commentary (Ashgate Studies in Theology, Imagination and the Arts)
- Incarnation Anyway: Arguments for Supralapsarian Christology (AAR Academy Series)
- Horror and Its Aftermath: Reconsidering Theology and Human Experience (Emerging Scholars)
- Demons and the Making of the Monk: Spiritual Combat in Early Christianity
- Trinitarian Grace and Participation: An Entry into the Theology of T. F. Torrance (Emerging Scholars)
- Edward Irving: Romantic Theology in Crisis (Studies in Christian History and Thought)
Extra resources for Aquinas on the Metaphysics of the Hypostatic Union