By John Doody,Kim Paffenroth,Mark Smillie
Read or Download Augustine and the Environment (Augustine in Conversation: Tradition and Innovation) PDF
Similar christian theology books
What are human rights? Can theology recognize human rights discourse? Is theological engagement with human rights justified? What position should still this discourse occupy inside of ethics? Ethna Regan seeks to reply to those questions about human rights, Christian theology, and philosophical ethics. the most function of this publication is to justify and discover theological engagement with human rights.
St Symeon the recent Theologian (949-1022) is thought of as some of the most major figures in Byzantine mysticism. notwithstanding a really debatable determine in his personal lifetime, he's now respected either in Orthodox and different Christian traditions. After starting his monastic lifestyles whereas nonetheless relatively younger, he grew to become hegumen of the monastery of St Mamas, and held that place for a number of years.
The theology of salvation stands on the center of the Christian religion. quite often the constitution of Christian salvation is noticeable by way of a unmarried subject, similar to atonement for sins, forgiveness, liberation or friendship with God. you may decrease soteriology to an issue of simply own event, or to determine salvation as only a technique to a human challenge.
John Zizioulas is greatly recognized because the most important Orthodox theologian of the final part century and acclaimed recommend of ecumenism. From his indepth wisdom of the highbrow assets of the Church, Zizioulas has argued that the Church Fathers symbolize a profound account of freedom and group that represents a thorough problem to fashionable money owed of the individual.
- Trinitarian Grace and Participation: An Entry into the Theology of T. F. Torrance (Emerging Scholars)
- Wolfhart Pannenberg on Human Destiny (Ashgate New Critical Thinking in Religion, Theology and Biblical Studies)
- Ethics and the Use of Force: Just War in Historical Perspective (Justice, International Law and Global Security)
- Moral Passion and Christian Ethics (New Studies in Christian Ethics)
- Divine Freedom and the Doctrine of the Immanent Trinity: In Dialogue with Karl Barth and Contemporary Theology (T&t Clark Studies in Systematic Theology)
- Between Magisterium and Marketplace: A Constructive Account of Theology and the Church (Emerging Scholars)
Additional info for Augustine and the Environment (Augustine in Conversation: Tradition and Innovation)