By Mieke Bal
Through this inquiry she develops suggestions for the research of texts which are either unusual and overly familiar—culturally distant but regularly retold. As she places own stories in discussion with scholarly exegesis, Bal asks how all of those varied models complicate her personal and others’ adventure of the tale, and the way the several truths of those texts of their respective traditions remove darkness from the method of canonization.
Read or Download Loving Yusuf: Conceptual Travels from Present to Past (Afterlives of the Bible) PDF
Similar christian reference books
The outdated testomony is usually maligned as an superseded or even harmful textual content. Best-selling authors like Richard Dawkins, Karen Armstrong, and Derrick Jensen are best examples of these who locate the previous testomony to be troublesome to trendy sensibilities. Iain Provan counters that such effortless and well known readings misunderstand the outdated testomony.
This moment quantity within the Baylor instruction manual at the Hebrew Bible sequence presents professional, complete counsel in answering major questions on the Hebrew textual content. whereas reflecting the most recent advances in scholarship on Hebrew grammar and linguistics, the paintings makes use of a mode that's lucid adequate to function an invaluable agent for instructing and self-study.
I and II Thessalonians are letters written to new Christian groups in Thessalonica early in Paul's ministry. Paul wrote those letters after a quick remain which will show them additional as they expect Jesus' moment coming. during this new quantity within the acclaimed New testomony Library sequence, M.
MacDonald observes that the Fourth Gospel sounds topics right to the Greek god Dionysos (the Roman Bacchus), no longer least as he used to be depicted in Euripides’s play The Bacchae. A divine determine, offspring of a divine father and human mom, takes on flesh to stay between mortals, yet is rejected by way of his personal; miraculously presents wine; comprises girls as his shut devotees; dies a violent death—and returns to lifestyles.
- Framing Social Criticism in the Jesus Movement: The Ideological Project in the Sayings Gospel Q (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament)
- Radical Theology: An Essay on Faith and Theology in the Twenty-First Century
- The Book of Hosea (New International Commentary on the Old Testament (NICOT))
- Many Convincing Proofs: Persuasive phenomena associated with gospel proclamation in Acts (Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für die neutestamentliche Wissenschaft)
- The Physically Disabled In Ancient Israel According To The Old Testament And Ancient Near Eastern Sources (Paternoster Biblical Monographs)
- Ethical Dimension of Cult in the Book of Isaiah (Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für die alttestamentliche Wissenschaft)
Additional resources for Loving Yusuf: Conceptual Travels from Present to Past (Afterlives of the Bible)