By Stephen Westerholm
- Offers a whole evaluation of the existence, writings and legacy of 1 of the most important figures of Christianity
- The essays compass the foremost subject matters of Paul's existence and paintings, in addition to his impression throughout the centuries on theology, Church educating, social ideals, artwork, literature, and modern highbrow thought
- Edited by way of one of many major figures within the box of Pauline Studies
- The individuals comprise quite a number world-renowned academics
Read or Download The Blackwell Companion to Paul (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Religion) PDF
Similar christian reference books
The outdated testomony is frequently maligned as an superseded or even risky textual content. Best-selling authors like Richard Dawkins, Karen Armstrong, and Derrick Jensen are major examples of these who locate the outdated testomony to be challenging to fashionable sensibilities. Iain Provan counters that such effortless and renowned readings misunderstand the outdated testomony.
This moment quantity within the Baylor guide at the Hebrew Bible sequence presents professional, accomplished tips in answering major questions on the Hebrew textual content. whereas reflecting the newest advances in scholarship on Hebrew grammar and linguistics, the paintings makes use of a method that's lucid sufficient to function an invaluable agent for instructing and self-study.
I and II Thessalonians are letters written to new Christian groups in Thessalonica early in Paul's ministry. Paul wrote those letters after a quick remain so as to tutor them extra as they expect Jesus' moment coming. during this new quantity within the acclaimed New testomony Library sequence, M.
MacDonald observes that the Fourth Gospel sounds subject matters right to the Greek god Dionysos (the Roman Bacchus), no longer least as he used to be depicted in Euripides’s play The Bacchae. A divine determine, offspring of a divine father and human mom, takes on flesh to stay between mortals, yet is rejected via his personal; miraculously offers wine; comprises girls as his shut devotees; dies a violent death—and returns to lifestyles.
- Judas Iscariot: Damned or Redeemed: A Critical Examination of the Portrayal of Judas in Jesus Films (1902-2014) (Scriptural Traces)
- Galilee in the Late Second Temple and Mishnaic Periods: Life, Culture, and Society: 1
- Hidden Criticism?: The Methodology and Plausibility of the Search for a Counter-Imperial Subtext in Paul (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament)
- Proverbs: An Eclectic Edition with Introduction and Textual Commentary (The Hebrew Bible: A Critical Edition Book 1)
- Greco-Roman Culture and the Galilee of Jesus (Society for New Testament Studies Monograph Series)
- The Military History of Ancient Israel
Extra info for The Blackwell Companion to Paul (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Religion)