By Gillian Mitchell
Read or Download The North American Folk Music Revival: Nation and Identity in the United States and Canada, 1945–1980: Nation and Identity in the United States and Canada, ... (Ashgate Popular and Folk Music Series) PDF
Best music books
"Mathematics will be as easy as buzzing a song, should you understand the tune," writes Gareth Loy. In Musimathics, Loy teaches us the music, delivering a pleasant and lively travel of the maths of song -- a common sense, self-contained advent for the nonspecialist reader. it really is designed for musicians who locate their artwork more and more mediated through expertise, and for somebody who's drawn to the intersection of paintings and technological know-how.
This revised variation lists over 10,000 works for the oboe, English horn, oboe da caccia, and all in their editions for the interval as much as ca. 1800. every one access comprises the name, opus or sign in quantity, date, detailed instrumentation, position of the unique paintings, current smooth editions(s), and old notes of curiosity.
Alors que Francis Poulenc (1899-1963)s’est amplement confié dans des nombreux ouvrages, entretiens, émissions de radio, une monographie fouillée restait à écrire. Après celle d’Henri Hell, parue en 1978, qui se ressent de l’amitié qui unissait le biographe et le musicien, Hervé Lacombe donne los angeles model de référence.
Mattias Lundberg investigates the ancient position of a deviant psalm-tone, the tonus peregrinus, targeting its functions in polyphonic tune inside of all significant branches of Western liturgy. through the remarkably chronic culture of utilizing this melody to polyphony, from the 9th century correct as much as the twenty-first, coeval track thought is ready to make clear the issues it has posed to modal and tonal perform at a variety of ancient phases.
- From the Clarinet D'Amour to the Contra Bass: A History of Large Size Clarinets, 1740-1860
- Gustav Mahler's Symphonic Landscapes
- More Than Words Can Say: The Ink Spots and Their Music
- Insights in Sound: Visually Impaired Musicians' Lives and Learning (Music and Change: Ecological Perspectives)
- You Factory Folks Who Sing This Song Will Surely Understand: Culture, Ideology, and Action in the Gastonia Novels of Myra Page, Grace Lumpkin, and Olive Dargin (Literary Criticism and Cultural Theory)
- Singing with Your Whole Self: The Feldenkrais Method and Voice
Additional resources for The North American Folk Music Revival: Nation and Identity in the United States and Canada, 1945–1980: Nation and Identity in the United States and Canada, ... (Ashgate Popular and Folk Music Series)